Monday, August 17, 2009

Super Angie...super sexy crampons

No, I'm not strange. Many people think mountaineering boots and crampons (and ice tools for that matter ) are sexy. One time I was in a mountaineering store in Colorado and this dude from New Zealand came up to me as I was holding an ice tool and said, "That is one sexy tool". Um...Excuse me? Do I know you?

Anyway, on Wednesday, Rick and I will have been married for 4 yrs. Yea! So he got me an early anniversary gift. Actually, I don't think he remembered about the anniversary and just saw these on steapandcheap.com and decided to buy them for me. Either way, it meant I got a gift tonight. And what a gift it was.

Black Diamond Serac Pro Crampons. For those who think that sounds a lot like Charlie Brown's teacher talking (Wah wah..wah wah wah ), let me educate...
Black Diamon is a brand.
Serac Pro is the style
Crampon is the spikey thing you put on the bottom of your boot if you are ice climbing or walking on a glacier. Since next week I'll be playing around on Ingraham glacier on Mt. Rainier, I would need some new and lighter crampons. (For ice climbing, I use something different.)

So tonight, we went through all my coats and pants and long underware to pick and choose what I will wear (please note, on an expedition, you don't change clothes or shower, so what I wear needs to be breathable and it also needs to not stink after a few days). Then Rick fitted my beautiful mountaineering boots with my new crampons. The result...a darn sexy looking boot!

Grrrrr....look at the teeth on those things!

I think I'm ready to take on Rainier!

--Super Angie

3 comments:

Charles Miske said...

You're ready baby!

JAnderegg said...

You look so tiny and skinny in those pictures....and the new equip is sexy! I bet Rick makes you put them on every night for him!

Charles Miske said...

TOTALLY! the lawn needs aerating.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping