Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Super Angie... China pics!

Finally I am getting some of my China pictures up. The trip was my second one to China, and was so much fun that I'm going again in November. There are spots open still for this tour, so let me know if you want more information. the 2009 tour will be Nov 1st-10th. we will go to xian and beijing.
I LOVE BEIJING!
The corn wasn't very good, but the candies berries on a stick were soooo yummy! (even though Dallin doesn't look too thrilled to be holding them)My ex-husband, Mark and his girlfriend Fenny came to Beijing and went sight seeing with Dallin for a few days.
Look what Jordan found!!!
Scorpians and Sea Horses on a stick...yes, I ate two scorpians. YUM!
A Lama monk and I.
We loved visiting the Chinese National Gardens...its a park featuring villages from the different regions of china.
With some Chinese dancers at the park.
Dallin with our tour friends.
We LOVED seeing the pandas.
Me with Amy...notice she is holding the photo of the two of us from last year!
We went to a Kungfu show and afterwards, Dallin got to pose with some of the actors.
We also got to go to a grocery store with our special tour guide. It was fasinating to have a local explain and point out things to us.
Forbidden City!
Isn't she so cute?!

On Dallin's 8th birthday, Celeste and Kelly French (Celeste was our American tour guide).
At the Summer Palace.
Dallin at the Summer Palace being very silly!
David lifting Dallin up to touch the top of the doorway at the Summer Palace...good luck!
The BALDALING section of the Great Wall of China.
Look how bundled we are. 5 degrees outside! Brrrr!
Dallin and I with our Gold Medals for climbing the Great Wall
Yes, we ate at McDonalds. It was cheap and fairly easy. We took a taxi, which was interesting and met some wonderful people there.
We enjoyed seeing the Hu Tongs area of Beijing.
It was one of the coldest days when we took a Rickshaw ride. I think it was 10 degrees!
Dallin at the Temple of Heaven.
Dallin and Jordan on the bus after Jordan scored a serious deal on those army hats!
Dallin and our Chinese tour guide, David, at the Temple of Heaven.

Dallin at the Bird's Nest, standing in front of one of the Olympic Mascots!
The ceiling inside the Water Cube.
Dallin outside the Water Cube on the Olympic Plaza
Me and Dallin, on our first day in Beijing, standing in front of the Bird's Nest.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Now wait, when did you go??? How AMAZING!!!!! What a great experience for your kids, so much fun! You're lucky, I love to travel but really don't do it very often, especially nowhere like China, that is AWESOME!!! Love all the pics! So is there really a chinese girl named Amy?? WOW!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I went to China in September of 2007 and again in Dec of 2008.

Most Chinese give themselves, or are given by an English school teacher, an English name. So, yes, that girl's name is Amy and that guy's name is Allen. Allen gave Dallin a chinese name, Lee Shalin (sp?).

My two China trips have been totally affordable--the first one was $1500 all inclusive and the second one was $999 mostly all inclusive (we had to pay for a few meals).

Tiff said...

What an amazing trip! Is Rick or Dallin going with you again next year. I am super jealous, but soon enough we will be able to travel again. I love it.

I love this quote, "If you make a mistake, give yourself credit for trying." I live be the theory that there is no such thing as failure, you just find another way NOT to do things :)

I can totally see a difference in your blog posts! You are so positive and I can tell you are truly happy. Way to go super Angie!!!

Kayla said...

How fun!!! I didn't even know you went! Looks like a blast. Kody is totally jealous of you...he is so fascinated with the Chinese culture and wants to go! Cute & fun pix!

Sienna Meek said...

oh looked so much fun! and way cool pictures! when did you even go? well ttyl bye:_

Charles Miske said...

You should put together a slide show for friends and neighbors like I did for Ecuador.

JAnderegg said...

Jealous!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping