Saturday, March 14, 2009

Super Angie...Me?


I can't beleive some things that are happening. This is NOT at all intended be a post of pride, but rather a post of amazement. It will probably be a boring post for most people, so, feel free to skip it! LOL

Last night on our Friday night date to the gym, I worked another 5.12 HOLY CRAP! 5.12 is what all those other climbers are doing. The ones who are really good. The ones who have been climbing for years. I've only been climbing for 2 years. I am not 19 percent body fat. How can I be working 5.12 and onsiting 5.11s?

I am just amazed at how far I have come with climbing. I thank so many people--Rick, Laurie, Dawn, Matt, Megan, Sarah, Julie, Jake, Kristen, Teri, Banner, Nancy, Nate, Devin, Chad, Dan, Michelle and Spandex Dave. I really appreciate the WERC program for teaching me from the start about good technique. I'm thankful for private lessons from Dawn and Laurie. I'm very grateful for all the feedback and advice Rick has given me. All those training days doing laps and footwork drills have paid off. He is the best coach and really understands climbing...even though his poor body isn't allowing him to do as much as he wants.

Its interesting seeing the respect that certain climbers are paying towards me for climbing harder. And its fun to hear their thoughts and advice. Its also nice to hear that there are other awesome climbers who are scared of leading or who don't feel confident outside on real rock.

Last night was very interesting. A girl I know through WERC came up to me seeking advice on how to fix her climbing and take it the next level. She actually wanted my teaching advice and that made me feel good. We talked for a good 30 minutes and I even saw her practice some of it and she commented about the difference it was making already. Made me feel good.

I just can't beleive this is all happening to me.
Wish Sarah and Laurie were still at Momentum. :(

--Super Angie

6 comments:

Super Angie's MOM said...

you living up to your name Super Angie, now you are going super high Your super to me..

Otter Mum's Den said...

To infinity, and beyond! You really should start teaching climbing!

Otter Mum's Den said...

To infinity, and beyond! You really should start teaching climbing!

Amy said...

I am so proud of you Angie, what a cool accomplishment!

Tiff said...

Way to go! That is so great. I can't wait to climb again. Hopefully my back will let me :) I am pretty weak so don't make fun of me. LOL

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Otter Mum...I do teach! I love it. I'm in charge of the Woman Experience Rock Climbing classes at the gym, so once a month I teach, or I have a guest instructor come and teach, but even then I still get to teach. I love it!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping