Thursday, March 12, 2009

Super Angie...A break through

Tonight I did it!

I climbed a 5.12!!!!!

Rick was late getting to the gym, and Lisa took Mazey home early, so Dan didn't have anyone to climb with, so we decided to belay each other.

I started the evening off doing my crimpy blue 5.11. I did take one rest on the rope but thats okay. It was funny to warm up on 5.11. Then Dan did a great 5.11d (i think). I tried it and another 5.11 and it just wasn't happening.

Then I encouraged Dan to try the 5.12 I had started working. He hates crimpy routes, but decided to try it anyway. He on-sited it! WAY TO GO!!! It was so awesome. His very first 5.12!!!

Then I decided to give it a go. I took a few falls and had to rest a bunch, but I was able to peice it all together and finish the route. HOLY SNOT! I did a 5.12!!!!

Now my goal...do the whole route without weighting the rope or taking any falls. I can't wait! :)

--Super Angie
PS...HI AMY! It was fun seeing your cute smiley face driving next to me tonight! Thanks for the honk and wave! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Very cool! It's awesome that you guys are so into it and that you love it! Cute pics of you guys with your kids by the way!

Charles Miske said...

Sorry I missed it - I was helping Dawn coach Dallin up a route on toprope, then I worked with him some on how to climb more dynamically and then gave him some cool exercises to do. But I am proud of you.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I'm thrilled that you were helping Dallin. You are better at coaching him then me.

Charles Miske said...

I know from experience that something about that biological connection makes it really hard to do. Also as an older person I'm a bit more patient ;)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping