Sunday, March 8, 2009

Super Angie...Scarpa boots save the day


Yesterday, Rick and I went for a training hike for our summer summit atempt on Mt. Rainier. I wore my Scarpa Phantom Lites. They ROCKED and I'm thrilled that I have them.

We decided to just stick close the home, so we went up the Grove Crest trail in Pleasant Grove, UT. We hiked 1000 feet in 1 hour, which is faster then guides usually take clients, so we were pleased with that. At that point though, I started feeling a hot spot on my left heal, so we turned around to head back. I can't wait to go again though and head further up the trail.

The weather was crazy while we were hiking...snow, sun, wind, clouds. It was cold enough that we need to wear our extra puffy when we stopped at our 1 hour 15 minute stop.

On the way down, we got off trail and explored what looks like it would be a fun place to bring the kids and camp. Then, while bush wacking our way down (not on the real trail, but instead, straight down the mountain side) we found a herd of 40 deer! They were stunning to watch.

Thanks Honey! It was a great hike and I can't wait to go again! :)

--Super Angie

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

Thanks baby. That pic of me in the upper left of the collage is me trying to figure out the GPS after having been above 5,000 meters one time too many...

The deer were a cool bonus.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping