Saturday, March 7, 2009

Super Angie....5.12!

What an awesome night we had last night climbing with great friends. The gym was packed, which was a bit annoying and I had a "fight" with another climber (not one of my prouder moments in life), but besides that, the evening ROCKED!

We all pushed our climbing abilities...even our novice friends and first timers had a blast and climbed really good. I think everyone is hooked and we'll probably do these Friday night climbing dates more often. Way fun.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Getting up about 10 feet (??) of a 5.12. It was crimpy but awesome. I could hardly believe I could get that far up it. I want to start working it. The holds just make sense to me. LOVED IT! 5.12!!!!!!!
  • Climbing for 4 plus hours. Rick and I got there early.
  • Laughing and joking all night with Shannon and Julie, while Matt, Jake and Rick chatted and were social--GASP! Rick social? Yup!!
  • Watching Julie climb so hard. She is such a strong climber and I love being pushed by her.
  • Climbing with Shannon. I love this girl and she is just so enthusiastic about climbing.
  • Lead climbing! Julie and I had decided (during the field trip earlier in the day) that we would do at least on lead climb last night. Lucky for us, there is a 5.8 lead climb which doable. I was still scared though, but Julie gives a great belay.
  • Having Matt and Jake defend me against the not-so-nice climber jerk.
  • Seeing so many friends!
  • Belaying Elizabeth and chatting with Jerom. I'm so glad they got a date night away from their kids...they needed it and I just adore them! :)
  • Taking Mark home--its always fun to chat and get to know neighbors better.
  • Trying some hard 5.11s and failing.
  • Coming up with the term "Super Stupid Slopper" and trying to say it 5 times. lol
  • Being with Rick and having so much fun with him. I love you sweetie!!! Glad you didn't go to Mexico. And glad you love me in spite of my feistyness
Thanks everyone for coming. Can't wait to climb again. The Quarry, right, Julie?

*HUGS*
--Super Angie

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

You did really good on that tiny crimper 5.11 - I think that's what gave you the confidence to try that 5.12. You did really good and it's neat to hear Julie talk about you and your growth in the past 18 months or so you've been climbing together. You're doing good baby!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

*blush* thanks honey!

Otter Mum's Den said...

Superstupidsloppersuperstupidsloppersutersluppidslaughter.... AAAAAAGGGHHH! I give up!

JAnderegg said...

That was a blast! Congrats on the 5.12! It's fun to push your limits! And more fun to hang out with you guys. The Quary would be fun! I told Matt I have 2 for 1 pass M-F.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping