Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Super Angie...ready set GO!

Today I am busy getting ready for our trip tomorrow to ZION to stay in the cabins. I can't wait! :)

But amidst the hussel and bussel of packing and getting menus planned ect, I was able to escape this morning for breakfast with my dear friend Lesleigh. I just adore this girl! Its like one giant Seinfeld episode when the two of us get together. LOL We ate and ate and talked about gaining weight and how depressing it is, so we ate and ate and ate some more! LOL

Afterwards, I made my way to the new Cedar Hills Walmart. This was my first trip there and I have to say I'M IMPRESSED. I'm NOT a fan of Walmart, but this one is tiny, clean, well lit, not cluttered or over stocked. And miracle of all miracles, there wasn't a single line to check out! I think I may go more often to Walmart, since its so close.

Other news: Yu-Na Kim won the figure skating World Championships. While I really respect her skating and there is no denying that she did fabulous and is the first person to score over 200 points, I just don't care much for her skating. On the other hand, I LOVE Rachel Flatt of the US, Fumie Suguri and Mao Asada of Japan. My rant: NBC, USFSA, ICENETWORK.COM and THE ISU all need to do some serious thinking. How totally stupid that NBC only broadcast the ladie's long program and didn't even show both American ladies who competed. I mean COME ON! Worlds was held in LA this year. Sure the commentating was well done and in many ways is better then ABC but only the ladies long?! They did show Evan's free skate that won him the gold, but what about our dance teams and pair teams? Frustrating. I sure hope they all get their stupid act together so we can enjoy the Olympic year and get to know the skaters better with more coverage leading up to the events. For NBC to only show one night of WORLDS and not much more covereage of Nationals is just plain stupid! No wonder TV viewership is down from years past!

Okay, enough rant. lol But still speaking of skating, I'm taking my primary class ice skating on Saturday April 11th at the Peaks Arena in Provo. Originally it was gonna be only for my primary kids, but now I have decided to just invite everyone and anyone...so if you want to skate, come! Noon. And make sure to dress like a skater! :) (and if you want to learn to spin or jump, I will give a mini lesson)

Can't wait for Zion tomorrow!
--Super Angie

3 comments:

JAnderegg said...

You are cute! I just don't know that much about skating, except that it is beautiful!

Charles Miske said...

I sure learned a lot...

Otter Mum's Den said...

Jennifer's best memories of Achievement Days were the times you took her ice skating in Renton...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping