Sunday, March 22, 2009

Super Angie...come to Zion, come to Zion...




















Yesterday we took a trip down to ZION NATIONAL PARK. I have never been to this park, but it is now one of my favorites. We took a nice hike (it was a mile round trip). The kids did awesome on the hike, and Tanith walked almost the whole way--without WHINING!!! She did awesome!!! The kids did some bouldering, we saw some rock climbers and talked to some guys who had just finished climbing some cracks.

We really loved the sandstone, the cliffs, the water falls and streams. The weather was overcast and the temps were in the upper 60s, low 70s...perfect!

We can't wait to go again!

--Super Angie



7 comments:

Tiff said...

I love Zions! It is so pretty down there.

Way to go Dallin on reading so much. Reading is so great for kids. I still love reading.

Tan's hair is so pretty! I love your up-do for her.

Charles Miske said...

It was fun, aside from Bren stressing you out by continuously sliding down the edge toward the 600' dropoff and Tan trying to slip under the fence at the really bad steep parts.

So the boys and I took off running back down the trail so you wouldn't have to see Bren's tango with evolution.

Dal did great trail running - I told him I'd love to take him on something harder.

"Harder?" Dallin said. "what do you mean harder?"

"You know, steeper, narrower, more dangerous."

"How much more dangerous?"

"Like a single rope bridge over a 1200' cliff."

"Cool!"

Sienna Meek said...

oh that looked so much fun!

JAnderegg said...

Ooooo...I LOVE Zions! How fun!!! We went down tons with friends when I was single, and Jake and I have been down there several times. I really want to take my kids!

lisa said...

Ok love your antics and advertures!
Lisa

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Maybe we should plan a camping/climbing trip and everyone can come with kids!:)

Amy said...

Zions is one of my FAVS, but Canyonlands is my ultimate BEST!!! Love all these pics Angie, very very cute and so fun to get away isn't it??

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping