Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Super Angie...FIRE!


Last night as we were coming home from the climbing gym, we passed some kids on the side of the Highland Highway (right below where we live). There were two parked cars and tons of teens out in the grass. It looked strange, so I paid a bit more attention and noticed that the grass and bushes behind them were on FIRE!

I called Rick (who was driving a block behind me) and asked if I should call the cops. He then told me he could hear the fire trucks and sure enough, we could see the trucks too.

The kids were freaked out, thinking something really bad was gonna happen with this fire. SO I turned around and we drove back to watch the fire and see what the police and firemen would do. The kids of course LOVED it and enjoyed seeing firemen in action.

It was a great way to teach them about fire safety and about the important job of being a fireman.

--Super Angie

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

It was fun - if I hadn't had to fix the emergency at work I would have hung out with some marshmallows.

JAnderegg said...

I love those teaching moments!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping