Monday, March 23, 2009

Super Angie...injured

The last Rainier training hike I did, I had a 25 lb pack on. I'm not sure if its the weight, the speed of the hike or the distance, but ever since then, my left knee has been hurting. I tore my left meniscus in '97, so its quite common to have these issues with it. So, for right now, I'm putting Rainier on the back burner and instead going to focus on the Teva Mountain Games in Vail. The comp is June 4th. I still have my weightloss goals that I was to hit by there (10-15lbs) and my bouldering goals (I want to be able to do better on slopper holds and onsite V1 and some V2).

So, hiking is done for now, except small, non-stressful hikes.

--Super Angie

3 comments:

Charles Miske said...

But if anyone else is interested, let me know and we'll see about the whole Rainier thingy...

Otter Mum's Den said...

Are you still coming up to Washington with Rick, even if you don't do Rainier? Please say you are... I missed meeting with you the last time you were up here...

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Yes, the kids and I are excited to go to WA. We will go to Rainier, but not hike it. Or maybe I will...its still up in the air! But yes, we will visit when we come!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping