Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Super Angie...lessons

Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, our whole family heads up to Momentum because Dallin has climbing team practice. While he climbs, Rick and I climb. (Tan and Brennan go to Mountain Room--the daycare there.)

Last night was such an awesome climbing night for both Rick and I. I onsited a 5.11. This means I walked right up to it, having never seen anyone climb on it, there fore not knowing anything about the route, and I climbed all the way to the top, without falling or resting on the rope. AWESOME! Then Rick did a marvelous job onsiting a 5.9. He did so amazing on it and pulled some great technique. GREAT JOB BABY! Then I onsited a new 5.10 and then I worked a new 5.11+ (this means its so hard its almost a 5.12). I took some falls and had to rest a few times, but eventually I made it to the top.

Its nice to see improvement happening in both of our climbing. I can't beleive I've been climbing for only 2 years and already I'm onsiteing 5.11s.

On a separate note, but still related to the subject, I have learned a few lessons recently. I have learned that some people simply want to be an acquaintance type of friend; they email once in a while, smile at church, but thats about it. Other people want to be a buddy type of friend; they email or call frequently, they want to do activities together.
Most of my life I have been famous--What I mean by Famous is that people know who I am for one reason or another (in H.S. it was because I was the mascot and in Theater), but I have never been popular. Popular to me is when everyone likes you...not just knows you, but wants to do stuff with you and wants to be around you all the time. Sure people are friendly with me and kind and smiley, but I have always been jealous of those people who have a close buddy type of friend. Recently some people have lead me to believe they want me to be their buddy, but when I see their interactions with others and compare that to how they interact with me, I realize, they just want to be my acquaintance.

I'm moving on and trying not to be hurt by the fakeness.

--Super Angie

4 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Good thing too - if you were TOO popular I'd never see you!

Erica said...

Move to Seattle and I will be your buddy! :o) Okay, I guess I will have to settle for blogs, emails and the occasional visit. :o(

Otter Mum's Den said...

OK! That's it! You're moving to Redmond! I'd be your buddy in a heartbeat, though we'd probably make an odd couple of buddies with me being 45 and all.... I might not be able to keep up, but I'd sure as smurf try!

Otter Mum's Den said...

Forgot to mention: That little girl you had in Achievement Days, the one who remembers you as the coolest Achievement Day Leader ever because you could ice skate... well... our Kangaroo mascot, Casey Martin, is graduating this year, so that little girl who admired you so much back then has been campaigning pretty hard to be the next person to wear the suit!! Casey has already put in a good word for her and thinks she would be dynamite. When P.J. Noll told her recently that you used to be the mascot, she seemed to think it would be even cooler if she got the job, because then, she would get to walk in your footsteps. You left a mark here, be sure about that!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping