Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Super Angie... to fear or not to fear


Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. - Jim Morrison
Well, I made a huge step today in overcoming my fear of doing a "real" lutz. Yes, I almost cried on the ice (turned away from my coach and enjoyed staring off into the corner of the rink for a minute). But then I listened to Vassili and remembered, DUH! If I do what he says, it will work. If I don't do exactly what he says, the jump won't work. Yes, I did have some very donkey kong like moments, but then after my "episode", I pulled myself together, thought about my arms and just said YOU CAN DO THIS, and you know...I did! And I got a big hug and we celebrated. :) Then I did it again and again and again.

I really LOVE the progress i"m making on the ice. I love having a coach who pushes me and believes in me, even when I don't believe in myself. I'm learning. I'm growing. And dare I say, my hydroblade KICKS BUTT!

Can't wait to get back on the ice... oh, but first, my legs really hurt!

--Super Angie
PS...the Big Island Pizza and the Cheeseburger at the rink are YUMMY!

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping