Friday, November 19, 2010

Super Angie...safe landings

Tom and Tina have seen so much improvement in my posture and positions that they insisted on recording me today. Here is a flip and a loop. I'm not happy with the actual loop--dang it! Need to hold that edge longer and straighten my jumping leg when its in the air. But the landings are much improved and very pretty. And my flip (my favorite jump) looks stellar!

Today I started crying on the ice. I was doing this new variation on a Chinese Spiral that Vassili put into my Christmas/ Artistic program. I feel so silly doing it. I don't think it looks good and I just feel dumb. So there I was crying (luckily I was the only one at the rink at that time). And then I realized something. Vassili is a smart coach. He isn't gonna ask a student to put something in their program that looks lame. He isn't going to ask a student to do something that is beyond what they can do. So... since he put it in my program, that means he thinks I can do it.

I'm taking the word CAN'T out of my vocab and putting TRUST in.

I'm moving forward; trusting and believing. I can't wait to see where I go with skating (oops! I said the C word!)!

--Super Angie

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping