Saturday, November 13, 2010

Super Angie...Thankful day 13



You knew it was coming...

Skating!

Today I am thankful for skating.

I've always loved the sport...since I was tiny. I remember really loving it when I was 12-- 1988, Calgary Olympics. This is when the "addiction" started. I believe I got my first skates around that time too...$25 from Sears! Fantastic! I would beg my mom to drop me and a friend off at the little outdoor Christmas rink they had a Crossroads mall. It was so much fun to skate, even though I hadn't had any lessons and couldn't do anything.

Years later, and many lessons later, I can now "do stuff".

Skating frees me. I feel so comfortable on the ice. I love going fast. I love jumping. I love spinning. I love making stuff up and letting all my feelings and emotions out on the ice. I love what I wear on the ice. I love my boots and guards. I love the smell of the ice. I love the sounds. I love being the only one out there. I love skating with friends. I love the quiet. I love rocking out to my music. I love showing off. I love being alone. I love concentrating and then being free.

Skating is my passion. Its hard to explain how much joy I get from being on the ice for a few hours almost daily.

So today...I'm thankful for skating!

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping