Thursday, November 4, 2010

Super Angie...fancy feet



I've been told lies and been made fun of in the past for my footwork, and lack of coordination. I've been told on stage that I can't dance. I've been told in dance class, that I can't dance. I've been told that its a good thing I'm so expressive because I really can't tap dance, and my personality saves my butt on stage. I've been made fun of because I don't pick things up as fast as others. I've been made to feel like crap on the ice because I don't pick things up as fast as other skaters. In auditions, I'm always the one who runs out of the theater, finds a quiet place and practices the steps until they are mastered--while everyone else it seems just masters the steps during the first run through. I've come to accept this "disability" and just took their word that really, I suck. I'm not pretty. I don't have good lines. I'm just horrible.

Well, breakthrough this weekend...those were lies. I do have it in me. Sure it might take a few extra "can you show that to me again please", and it will most certainly take lots of practice and thinking it over and over, but I CAN do it and I can look good doing it too. My special talent--I will work my butt off to get it!

Monday, Vassili taught me some footwork. Tuesday we worked on it some more. And now Thursday, I'm actively placing this new footwork in my program and making it work. Its not perfect of course, but I can do it! ME! I CAN DO THE FREAKING FOOTWORK!

So, my advice to anyone who cares...don't put down your students--no matter their age. Don't make fun of their ability to catch on. I'm lucky my coach believes me and told me I can do it. Because now...I believe it too.
--Super Angie

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

Amazing and Inspiring - great work

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping