Monday, November 1, 2010

Super Angie...I survived and so did my coach!


Whoa! What a time I had today on the ice.

First, I must give snaps to my coach for actually not killing me on the ice. Boy, was I a witch for a bit. (yes people, Super Angie is not always super)

I totally let what a few different people in the past had told me about my abilities and talents get into my head, and today, Vassili was trying to teach me and show me that I CAN do these things, but all I could think was how bad of a skater I am and must be. Anyway... it was messy and I was rude and standoffish. Not one of my finer moments and one I will not repeat.

A few hours later, and a change in attitude, I got back on the ice with him and had a fabulous lesson. New foot work, reworked spins and jumps. Wow. What magic he is working on my skating. What magic I'm creating.

After wards we went to the bar for drinks--because that's where you go after you skate of course--kind of like at Momentum, how you go to the coffee shop after you climb. Anyway, after drinks and a heart to heart about my insecurities (yes people, Super Angie is insecure--except it!) then I went out for dinner with Jessica. What a total sweetheart. Shes 18 and we talked about shopping, skating (shes a beautiful skater), fashion, high school dances, and of course boys. Ah, took me back to '94 (GO KANGS!).

And finally a great call with Rick...until my phone died--dang battery. Luv u sweetie.

I'm ready for bed and ready to work hard tomorrow and then head home to be a mom.

Oh, and I am now officially NOT a CANDY@SS anymore but now I'm a Candyless @SS. I've graduated and moved up in life. Thanks for your love!

xoxo
Super Angie

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

I could tell the stories. Yep...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping