Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Super Angie...adventures in airporting

I left the rink after a great pizza lunch with Vassili (DANKE DUMMKOPF!). Got to the rental car return--didn't even have to gas up because the car said FULL. BOO YA! Got all my skating stuff re-packed into my bags and took the shuttle bus to the airport. Smooth sailing through the ticketing area. Smooth sailing through TSA. Smooth sailing getting to my gate.

Took advantage of the free wifi, and uploaded Nicole's videos. Had some fun conversations with the lady next to me (huge skating fan, wondering if I was an professional skaters--LOL--it always cracks me up. Its like when you are coming down a mountain. "Did you summit?" "No" "Oh" and they don't want to talk anymore. --"but I did fall into a crevese and get stuck in an ice cave" "Yeah,. but you didn't summit. Loser!"...same thing. "Are you a professional skater?" "no but I do compete" "For what level, Senior? " "Adults" "Oh. (insert Loser here)".

Time to board. I was B 54...not bad considering I'm too lazy to do the 24 hour online checkin. Got on, found a middle seat between two "pleasant" looking people, who turned out to be anything BUT PLEASANT. Lame lame lame.

I was just settling into my seat when the announcement came that because of high winds in Denver, we were grounded for an hour. If you wanted to get off the plane, you could. So I did. Went to Starbucks and got my carmel apple cider. Got online for a bit and killed an hour. Tons o fun.

Back on the flight, ready to go. Got a phone call from Rick. I 70 is CLOSED and it doesn't look like it will reopen until morning!

"Turn off all electronic devices please"

Landed in Denver, called Rick. Still closed. Fabulous. So I took my time getting my luggage, found a chair with an outlet by it and got cozy with my lap top. Chatted online. Got some nice phone calls. Enjoyed FB. Blogged. Ate my last bit of food. And finally after an hour, we decided I should just go find a hotel.

Phone call after phone call.. everyone was booked up except one Holiday Inn Express. Because the pass was closed, everyone coming into town to go ski was stuck. Lots of unhappy skiiers. :(

I got a good deal on my room "because you are a pretty girl!" they said. HA!

My body hurts. Have I mentioned that? I haven't seen anyone falling as much as I fall. I have a nice little collection of bruises. Made sleeping difficult. Oh yeah, and the people in the room next to me, decided its okay to have their TV up really loud. I actually yelled through the wall "Please turn down your TV" and they did. (Yes, I'm THAT classy!) But it wasn't low enough. And then in the middle of the night, someone had music playing. BUT I am very thankful I had my hotel to sleep in, and didn't have to bunk it on the floor of DIA. (DIA is not as cool of a place to sleep in...unlike that train station in the middle of Japan. Now THAT cement floor was comfy and that was a cool "Amazing Race" type of experience! ) I'm thankful for a soft bed, and warm blankets and fresh snow this morning.

Oh yes...and the free breakfast!

--Super Angie

No comments:

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping