Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Super Angie...Super Axel

I have been blessed with many new friendships in Vegas. My coach. My coach's students. And even a fellow adult competitor--Nicole. Last night we went out for dinner and drinks and this morning I met her at the rink and recorded her doing axels. She is doing so great. I'm sooo incredibly proud of her. Here is a little video.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I loved working on my axel today with Vassili. Its really fun to get that feeling again. Its also fun to stare my fear in the face and just breathe and jump. I have a long ways to go(at least I think I do, you'd have to ask Vassili what he thinks). But I'm making progress. Its hard to just step up and do the jump, considering that the exact exercises we are doing today are the exact same exercises I was doing when I fell in 98 and tore my knee. It was a silly silly mistake back then, considering that I could do the axel in a program, and yet, it was when I was doing it from a stand still that I fell. Anyway, today, I cleared my mind and just focused on Vassili and what he told me to do. I didn't think...or at least I tried not to think. It was fun. And I"m anxious to get on the ice tomorrow and try again.

Have I mentioned lately that I REALLY LOVE TO SKATE?!

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

You'll do great. Like always ...

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping