Thursday, November 18, 2010

Super Angie...me? was that me that just did that?


Um...was it me that just did a sit, back sit, forward scratch combination spin (AND NOT FALL OVER!!!)? Um, was it me that did a camel, sit, back sit, sort of back scratch spin combination? Was that really me that doing those things on the ice?

Okay, one thing I've realized recently...if you want to be able to do something, you freaking need to just do it over and over and over and over and over again. And after a while, it will happen.

Yes, a very simple thing to realize, and of course I have known this my whole life "practice makes perfect" but I'm really realizing on the ice that things I thought I could NEVER do (I'm not good enough to do that etc), now with a bit of elbow grease (or a bunch of ice on my butt from falling!!!) I'm able to accomplish things. I'm seeing my progress move faster then I thought it could.

Today Tina and Tom were at the rink. I love these two and respect them so much. Today Tina gave me a huge compliment, "the reason your coach is pushing you Angie is because there isn't another adult out there that is as fearless as you. I have only seen 7 yr olds fall as much as you do..you are really pushing yourself and he knows he can push you." Wow. Interesting take on things.

Its nice having some very supportive people in my life. People who see what Angie can BECOME instead of what Angie is or was. Its the BECOMING part that is interesting. Like Vassili sees me doing great things in skating, and so he pushes me to be my best, never allowing me to slack off and be lazy in my technique. Tom and Tina are the same way. Rick is the same way. Jenny and Tori...same. Monica, Ann, Marie, Julie, Annie V...the list goes on! Constant daily reminders of how SUPER Angie really IS and WILL BE. And you know what...its easier to believe in myself when I know so many others already see the great things I CAN DO. Its easier with their support and knowing the vision they have for me!

So, yes...it was ME on the ice this morning, doing spin after spin after spin until I fell over. It was me who landed SIX LOOPS in a row and fell down on the Seventh! (um, on Tuesday of this week, I could only land 3 in row!!!). It was me who listened to Tom, remembered what Vassili had said and did my lutz perfectly. It was ME who pushed and kept pushing until my body just couldn't go any further.

It was Me. And I'm so proud of Me!

--Super Angie

1 comment:

Charles Miske said...

I'm very proud of you too. I'm thrilled to be a part of this whole journey.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping