Sunday, January 4, 2009

Super Angie...a new building

Tonight I had the extreme privledge of singing in a duo ward choir (two wards) at a dedication of our new church building. Cedar Hills 11th and 14th wards participated and are the only wards in the building at the moment. The 14th ward used to be a part of the 11th when I lived there, so tonight was a reunion of sorts. I really enjoyed seeing my old neighbor and others. The two choirs combined were fabulous--such amazing talent all around. We sung, "Take time to be holy" which is just a gorgeous peice. All the Soprano notes are low, so you can really get a nice deep chocolate milk type of sound. It was just rich and glorious. Our second song was "The Spirit of God" with the exact same arrangement that the Mormong Tabernacle Choir sings. Its a tricky peice with extremely high notes at the end, but beautiful as well. We had prayed that angels would attend us and I testify that we were not alone in our singing. I felt transported and lifted up. It actually felt like someone was pulling our voices and those high notes were no longer hard to reach.

Our stake president told the history of the area, which I always love hearing about. I wonder what people would think if this area was still called Sagebrush Flats instead of Cedar Hills! lol "Yeah, I live in Sagebrush Flats". Um...no thanks!

Anyway, another highlight of the evening was looking into the congeration and seeing Wendi there with her darling family. We were able to catch up after wards and its just wonderful seeing her again. We keep intouch with blogging, but haven't seen each other in person yet--which is just rediculous considering she lives like 4 blocks away! lol New Years resolution...visit my friends instead of just visit their blogs!

It was a wonderful Sunday, full of testimony, service, singing and angels. I'm so thankful I'm a member of the LDS church.

--Super Angie

3 comments:

Tiff said...

I want to hear you sing. It sounds like you a beauiful voice. That would be so cool to have angles singing with you.

I AM THE WORST FRIEND. I totally forgot to leave you the key to our clubhouse. I walked into our house tonight and realized I forgot. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!! Please forgive me :) I was so stressed the day before we left I spaced it. SORRYYYYYYYYYYYY. It looks like Dallins baptism was perfect though. Sad we missed it. See ya soon

Otter Mum's Den said...

Yeah for visiting in person instead of via blog! I do love Facebook for keeping in touch with friends I have not seen for ages.

Wendi said...

It was awesome. What an uplifting evening. So fun to visit afterwards!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping