Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Angie...fun few days


On Thursday, Rick put me through a very difficult but extremely fun routine for training speed climbing. I look forward to doing this training once a week and bettering my time for next year's nationals. :)

Speaking of Nationals... I got my trophy for placing first in Woman's Citizen Speed. YEA! I love my golden hold trophy. So cool! :)

Another fun thing was when we went with the Anderegg family (minus Jake who had to work last minute) to the Draper Temple open house. We had a wonderful time and didn't have to wait in any lines. My favorite: The celestial room...I love how small and cozy it is. And I love all the fabrics that were used through out. Simply gorgeous! Brennan said, "the baptism place, all the stairs (we had to climb) and I liked the place where whatever is in front of the mirrors--there a thousand of them". Dallin said, "I liked the cookies at the end, the baptismal font with the bulls (oxen), the chandalier in the Celestial room and I liked the bus because it had a toilet on it!" LOL

Right now Rick is in Ouray climbing Ice with Nate and John. I'm home alone with the kids. Last night went went climbing--I climbed with Jake and Julie and Dan and Lisa. Talk about a fun night! I climbed really hard and I love climbing with all these guys. Everyone pushes everyone to climb harder and harder.

The kids and I had a slubber party and slept in sleeping bags by the fireplace. And this morning, we went to IHOP and then back to the gym, where Dallin did some hard core bouldering in the adult area. Awesome. The kids went to Mountain room and I climbed with Dan and Richard and Michelle. What a blast.

Its been a great few days of good workouts and good friends!

--Super Angie

6 comments:

Tiff said...

Sounds like fun. I loved having sleepovers with my mom. Great job.

Otter Mum's Den said...

OK, so you're the second person today whose blog mentioned IHOP. I am ending up craving pancakes like crazy but I don't do so well with two much wheat in my diet! grrrrrrrr!

Amy said...

You guys are animals, good job! I really admire your dedication Angie, very cool. And we're going to the open house in a few weeks, can't wait for the kids to actually see what it looks like inside. Cute family pic

Charles Miske said...

Hi from Ouray! Left a couple Ouray posts on my blog. Glad you're having such a good time climbing and all. LUVU!

shannon p. said...

What a fun mom - slumber party and IHOP! I need to get on the ball with those fun spontaneous things that the kids remember forever!

Reading about all of your climbing adventures is making me so jealous! I know you will go with me whenever, I just have to find that WHENEVER day - for some reason, everything seems to fall on my free day (read - would be climbing day)

JAnderegg said...

awesome trophy! I'm glad they got it to you! Congrats. You looked really good this year!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping