Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Super Angie...to be an American child


I'm so blessed to have Dallin go to a private school. American Legacy Academy in American Fork is a wonderful school with small classes (there are only 12 kids in his 2nd grade class!!) and all subjects are taught with the Lord's help.

One wonderful thing Dallin's school does is TEDDY BEAR PROJECT in December. Throughout the month, the kids bring bears and on the last day before Christmas break, an A.F. police officer comes to the school, the kids line up and give each bear a hug before placing it in his trunk. The police department then uses these bears to give to frightened kids during a traffic accident etc.

I recieved this picture of Dallin from my friend Super Julie. I sent the photo via email to my dad in Russia. Here are two emails he sent back (the first one to me, the second is what he sent to some of his Russian employees)... These really made me think about all my friends and how we are raising our children to be examples for the rest of the world... LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE....
Angie,

This beautiful picture arrive at just exactly the right time. I was
involved in a meeting with Boeing Russia people today exploring ways to
get employees involved in the community. I told them that in the States,
we have a tradition of charitable giving that we try to instill in our
children at an early age.....

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Thanks,
Dad

AND
Masha and Olga,

Further to our discussion about charitable activities, the tradition of
charitable giving is instilled in American children at an early age.
Here is a picture of my eight year old grandson making a teddy bear
donation at his school for hospitalized children. As you can see, the
trunk of the police car is getting filled. It teaches children two
things, one is to "give" the other is to "trust".

Timm



--Super Angie

2 comments:

Super Angie's MOM said...

Well I did it, nearly two hours later I have down loaded all my emails and read your blogs and even done some banking. What a chore to catch up after being gone from the coputer for 16 days. Loved all the fun pictures and your blogging. Had lots of fun with you. Thanks sweet stuff.

Otter Mum's Den said...

Sweet! We did the teddy bear patrol at Ben Rush too for several years, but with a change in PTA presidency, the custom was abandoned. I miss it.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping