Monday, January 12, 2009

Super Angie...the F word


The F word..FOOD!

Tonight, we had Elizabeth and Jeron Paul, Amy and Tyler DeHart and Jill and Cory Griffiths over (with their kids of course). Elizabeth and Jeron really wanted to see Rick's slide show that he did at the gym about his travels in Ecuador, so we planned this evening. It was awesome. Elizabeth did a beautiful job on a little lesson about Faith. And then Rick presented his slideshow. The kids all got wild, babies screaming, crawling around, kids wrestling, Brennan and Tan getting nervous and jealous if someone touched their things...it was awesome!

It was really nice having other families over, getting to know others, sharing Rick's adventures and seeing all the kids having fun.

Everyone brought a treat...Jill brought my all time favorite treat: No bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. Really, these are the best things on earth but they are my downfall...i can not just eat one! Jeron brought ice cream...several small pints of YUMMY flavors. My favorite was the pepermint bark. Again, another reason we don't have ice cream at our house...mmmm. And the DeHarts brought donuts which were a HUGE hit for all the kids.

Anyway, it was so much fun and if anyone is interested in participating in another slide show night like this, we are already planning another one.

--Super Angie
Mmmm...no bake cookies...mmmmm

9 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I really enjoyed tonight. It was great to have such an enthusiastic crowd. Maybe I'll put something on my blog about it later, missed thoughts and all...

Amy said...

LOVE no bake cookies. Okay so my email address is murphy04@msn.com

What a fun little night for you all.

Tiff said...

What a fun night. It must have been great becuase Brennan told me all about it :)

Tara said...

WOW...I had lots of catching up to do on your blog!! I love reading about all the stuff you do! Your life is so exciting compared to mine! Your family is darling!
luv ya
:)

Michael said...

Thanks for taking me ice climbing. I LOVE no bake cookies! See Ya!

Charles Miske said...

Did it. Posted on my blog about the Slide Show - but I kindof glossed over the food. And I don't do no-bake cookies. I try to avoid most pot-luck style goodies. Anyway...

Ecuador Slideshow @ Home

Otter Mum's Den said...

Me love cookies, Me love em a bunch! But I am staying away from them (pats self on back!) except on Sundays when I allow myself a dessert. The funny part is once I got past the sugar cravings in the initial phase, I did not miss the sweets anymore. I still miss French cheeses and I don't think that will EVER change!

Charles Miske said...

The best way to stop eating sweets may be to get a job making them. I have worked for two bakeries and I don't care if I ever see or smell or taste another donut as long as I live.

Wendi said...

FOOD--You had me at hello.

Favorite topic. :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping