Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Super Angie...video from nationals 3

This was the final route for my division. I give myself snaps for effort but at the time, I honestly had no idea how to mantle and couldn't get past this hold. :( Totally sucked! But yesterday, I went to the gym and after 3 tries, I got half way up the route (to the point most people in the comp fell from). Now I know how to mantle and if I ever come across a route like this again, I'll be better prepared. The hold off to the right was a sucky hold and was probably just put there to psyche everyone out. It sure tricked me, thats for sure. Arg!

It was nice having so much support--I could hear so many people cheering and I love the comments from my kids on this video. I am proud that I hung on for so long...there were others who also had troubles with this hold, but they fell off in 15 seconds.

Can't wait to compete again next year!

--Super Angie


2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

You did amazing baby - so proud of you. These were really hard routes, too. They had the men and women do the same routes, and the intermediates did the last two routes as their first two routes, doing a green 5.12 as their final route that only one guy made it up. You did finally climb past this part and up to the place everyone else fell, so great job!

Super Angie's MOM said...

Go MaMa....

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping