Monday, January 26, 2009

Super Angie...SCS Nationals 2009 in Review

STOP! If this is the first post you are reading about Nationals, you have missed a lot, so scroll down till the post with the video in it. :)

My top favorite things about Nationals this year:

**Keenan, Kevin, Mike and Molly....the USA Climbing judges and route setters (and PR person?) are just amazingly friendly, supportive and sweet. Thanks you guys! I could hear your cheers and support while climbing all weekend! THANKS!

**Meeting all the pros. So sweet. Special Thanks to Joe Kinder...you really are a great guy!

**Beating last years time in Speed and winning 1st place for Citizens. Yes, I know I only competed against 1 person, but I would still be happy if I had come in last in Speed simply because I know I beat my time.

**Seeing some totally awesome climbing. It was so fun to see everyone really pushing their bodies.

**Meeting Lisa Rands--my climbing hero!

**Feeling so great on my first route.

I had some very low points, but even those low points I am thankful for. I learned a lot about sportsmanship, about humility, about how awful it makes you feel when someone belittles you (it happened to me and I'm gonna make sure I never do it to anyone else!).

I sure did appreciate my fellow climber's support. When I was trying the starting hold of my third route, It was just awful. And yet, suddenly I heard like a million voices yelling support for me. It was wonderful to know that so many people cared and wanted to lift me up. Same in Speed...very cool!

I'm ashamed of myself for getting so worked up over not getting that stinkin trophy. I need to become a better person...

Overall, an excellent weekend that I loved sharing with my honey and kids.

-_Super Angie
PS...my kids were a hoot. Lots of people enjoyed hearing them yell "GO MAMA!"

7 comments:

Charles Miske said...

Dave Graham was totally awesome on the route and in person. It was great to talk to him for a short while.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I agree. Dave was so nice to come out of VIP seating, totally get mobbed by fans to sign autographs for my boys. The day before, there were less people around, and he was free er (LOL) to walk around. I took pics of him with some of the girls from the team. So cute

Otter Mum's Den said...

Whoop-Whoop! 145#! Congrats! You have worked as hard to achieve this as you worked on the climbing. I suspect the two are related.

Super Angie's MOM said...

New Day, New Week, New You. go girl

Amy said...

I am way proud of you for doing this, you are amazing! Good job. And crazy that you were there last night, it was so dang scary!!! Thanks for your sweet comments.

Tiff said...

Sounds like overall it was such a great weekend. Good job on beating your speed climbing time! Go Angie.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Thanks Tiff! You are too sweet! :)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping