Saturday, January 24, 2009

Super Angie...and the winner is..

ME! I won 1st place in my division for SPEED CLIMBING. What a fantastic day it was. I need to go to bed soon, so I won't blog everything, but some highlights: feeling so freaking nervous to the point of crying, but then suddenly calming down and feeling so relaxed, having asthma problems during the qualifinging round yet still beating my time from last year, and then having NO asthma probs during the finals and cutting my time even more. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think I beat 2nd place by 10 seconds! The USA Climbing staff were psyched to see me--Molly ran up and gave me a hug. Kevin told me a humours story about when he climbed in the X-GAMES. My BFF Julie came to the gym and recorded me climbing. She is sooo supportive and I just love her. It was great to have her there! THANKS JULIE! I think I had the largest crowd support during my climbs--my kids, my husband, friends, employees at the gym and the USA CLIMBING people were all cheering for me. Feels good. I think I over dosed on my Asthma meds because I was pretty hyper for several hours after. But its all good, right? lol

Tonight was the qualifiers for the pros. That was sweet. And to my total surprise...Lisa Rands was there! She is my all time favorite climber, but she is a world famous boulderer so it was sweet to see her climbing tonight. Holy snot! It was awesome seeing her in person. Some other favorites: Alex Puccio (talk about a down to earth girl and a fabulous climber!!! She is way strong!), Sasha (so sweet), Amanda Sutton (she won the pro speed!!), Emily Harrington (also very sweet and friendly) and of course Joe Kinder! Hes awesome and he is excited to meet my boys tomorrow. :)

Anyway, it was great day with awesome climbing. I'm way excited that I got 1st place and now, I gotta go to bed so I can get up early tomorrow to climb again. :)

--Super Angie

5 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

Holy Snot! I love that expression. I had never heard it before. We had one sister missionary once use the expression "it scared the stink out of me" and everyone in the chapel was chuckling.
Wow! First Place! Grabs pompoms and cheers! Very impressive indeed!

Super Angie's MOM said...

good job little girl with a big will to just do it. Good luck tomorrow.

lvs2dance said...

HOLY CRAP girl! You were like spider man, practically RUNNING up that wall! That was so amazing! Thanks for posting the video, it is hard to visualize this sport when you are so unfamiliar with it. WAY TO GO! So proud.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Thanks Jenny! You are so sweet. I'm happy I improved my time. But seriously, I was so slow compared to the pros. But I really am passionate about it and am just thrilled with how the videos turned out. It was also amazing to have everyone screaming my name.

JAnderegg said...

Oooo, your photographer (videographer) is AMAZING!!! I'd like to hire her:)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping