Thursday, October 2, 2008

Super Angie... saying nice things

Someone once complained to my dh about me. "She always compliments me". Um...wheres the problem in that? I just don't get it. Why is it SO HARD for people to compliment others? Why is it hard to comment on someone's blog? Why is it so hard to smile and say HI to someone?

I'm not writing this to get people to say, "oh gosh, I guess she is mad that I don't comment on her blog" but really...is it that hard to do? "but I don't know what to say!".  

So often I read blogs...I don't care too much about the topic my friend is talking about, or something like that, but obviously, if my friend took the time to write about it, it must be important to them. Like my friend Tara...she is a master stamper. I have no idea about stamping, but I take a moment to check out her blog and see the beautiful cards she is making. They are fabulous. I don't know the difference between this technique and that one, but I know she worked hard, and I also know I like the color or the theme etc, so I comment on what I do know. Even a simple, "Thats really cute" is good.  If its important enough for them to write about, why not comment so they know at least one person cares?

About the "She always compliments me".... some people find it fake. "She always finds something positive to say about me". So what? Why is that so bad? Aren't we all children of God, created equal? So shouldn't there be something positive about everyone around us? Again, its obvious that the person took a second this morning to get dressed and ready for the day--whether they look super Fab like Posh Spice, or just like a regular ol' mom... hearing, "Your hair looks so cute today" or "Nice shoes" or "oh my gosh, dang cute purse" can brighten someone's day, can't it?

So, whats so hard with people that they can't just say nice things?

--Super Angie

8 comments:

Charles Miske said...

I love your optimism. It's such a perfect balance for me. Thanks.

lvs2dance said...

Oh friend...I am sorry that you are so upset about this. I think that you need a girls night out with yours truly! Did you get my message? Call me and we can chat!

lvs2dance said...

btw- what is a dh?

Tiff said...

You are funny, but I agree. I love reading comments that people leave me and I love writing comments!

emily said...

amen sister ... i love compliments ... send a few my way!! i have a friend that did a service auction in their RS and my friend's mom won 'compliments for a week' - a lady in her ward calls her everyday for a week and tells her something she likes about her! it was the highlight of her day! i think it's a GREAT service to compliment people!! and you're GREAT at it! Love you girl!

Super Angie's MOM said...

You are a very thoughtful person, I see the look on people's face when you compliment a strange. Keep it up, it may be the only nice thing said to them that day.
Commenting on a blog isn't everyone's thing for good or bad. You do seem to have some good comments from those that do write. Smile.....

Charles Miske said...

I'm the "DH" doh!

D ear
H usband

JAnderegg said...

I agree, you are always complimenting me and it is really difficult. I'm not sure what to do:) I guess just love you for it:O)

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping