Saturday, October 4, 2008

Super Angie...reflections

I'm sitting here in Keystone. Its 50 degrees, breezy, damp and stunningly goreous. The aspens are all bright yellow which is so pretty when they are set against the hill sides mingling with the pine trees all dark green. Rick took some amazing photos...I'll try to post some next week.

Anyway, I've been reflecting on things...

I am so dang lucky to have so many nice friends to surround myself with. My husband is my best friend. My mom too. Of course my kids. Then there is Julie...you rock girlfriend! Seriously, you are such a strong woman and I don't know how you do all the things you have on your plate to do. Thanks for supporting me and loving me even when I'm hard to deal with! And your comments are always thoughtful and sweet. Tiff...I enjoy the pure happiness that always seems to follow you around. Jenny--BOCK! Thats about all I can say about you. ;) Emily...you make me smile. And Grace, I admire your strength and positive attitude.

Near our place here in Keystone is a river (where Julie and I took the kids this summer). There is also a number of small ponds (not the lake where we boat and ice skate). I love these ponds. Especially on a day like today, when the water is like a mirror of all the beauty around it.

The wind is blowing and making the aspen leaves dance. Seriously, think of one Julieanne Hough on Dancing with the stars and think of a shimmy she does during some fabulous latin dance or something. Thats how the leaves just looked. Really amazing.

I sure do love fall...

--Super Angie

7 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. And no, it's not because all of the kids are finally back in school after a two month break! I love the Indian Summers we get in the Seattle area. They are simply beautiful.

Tiff said...

Fall is so pretty! I love taking drives up Provo Canyon and around the Alpine loop. That is great you are surrounded by family and friends, even if they don't live here you are still surrounded!

Super Angie's MOM said...

It was a weekend for both of us to watch the golden aspens dancing in the breeze. See, things aren't so different in nature, if your in Colorado or Russia.

Charles Miske said...

Mom - thanks for the great email describing your adventurous drive in the Russian countryside.

shannon p. said...

Sounds beautiful! I've been wanting to head up to the canyon and enjoy all of the colors. I can't say that it is my favorite season, because I really can't choose - I love them all but I especially love the variety of seasons we get here in Utah (better than rain all the time in Oregon!)

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Oh, I love the rain in the Pac NW, but I do enjoy the ability to have my kids play outside almost everyday here...without having to worry about rain and mud.

JAnderegg said...

Ang, I love you to....I'm just trying to keep up with you! Thanks for always making me smile.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping