Monday, October 20, 2008

Super Angie...Seattle trip #5

My mom suggested we visit the salmon hackery in Issaquah. They just celebrated Salmon Days, so I knew we were here at the right time of year to see the salmon swimming upstream to spawn. Perfect Timing!I was so impressed with the displays they had at the center. They got to see baby (fri) salmon swimming in the tanks, huge salmon laying eggs and jumping up the fish ladder. At first they thought looking into the creek was BORRRRING (their words) until I pointed out all the bright red salmon fighting against the current as they swam upstream. Suddenly it was so cool and we just had to stay longer to watch. They were curious about all the dead salmon laying around too. We learned so much by playing all the games that were set up. They had these spinning wheels (think Wheel of fortune) where you get to spin it to find out, if you were a salmon, would you survive to make it back to spawn and complete your life cycle. We laughed so hard as Brennan got eaten by a bald eagle, I got lost and couldn't find the right stream and Tanith got scooped up by a bear. Only Dallin Salmon completed his life cycle. Oh well....at least one person will go on with my genes, right? lol

If you were a salmon, what do you think your destiny would be?

--Super Angie

2 comments:

Charles Miske said...

My poor salmon would probably be abducted by aliens and transported to Tatooine.

Otter Mum's Den said...

I love that place! It's been a while since I have been so maybe I should take the twins there one of these days!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping