Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Super Angie...bread maker

I was reading my friend's blog and saw that she makes homemade bread.

When I first met my friend Julie, she had made homemade bread for a school function.

I know of a few other friends who often make their own bread.

I have never made bread (not counting bread machines, which isn't really hard to do)--well, except zucchini and banana which I did often with my mom. YUM! Anyway, I want to host a bread making party--either during the day or in the evening, and learn how to make some of these breads. Is anyone interested?

Basic idea: those interested come to my house and bring a sample and copies of their recipes to share. I would love to have some demos too--but doesn't bread usually take a while to make--like more then an hour? So maybe we could do this once a month (even rotate to other homes if people are interested), and each month focus on one bread? We could do holiday breads, traditional breads, dessert breads, foreign breads.... Maybe we could even do this after school when our kids could attend.

Thoughts? Ideas? Interested?

-Super CARB Angie

6 comments:

JAnderegg said...

Sounds good! You can even just come over to my house and I'll teach you sometime. We could do it in stages. Do you have a Bosch or Kitchen Aide mixer? White or wheat, or a combination (my favorite). If I help you get it mixed and let it rise once (an hour), we can get it in the pans and then you can bake it. A good next play date:)

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

sounds good. :)

I have both a bosch (Rick had it from his previous marriage and I think we have all the parts) and I have a kitchenaid from my previous marriage. :)

shannon p. said...

Sounds like fun! I'm always up for some SUPER CARBS! Making bread is really easy (if you follow the recipe!) :) and especially if you have a bosch, that is the way to go!

lvs2dance said...

Oh yummy! I don't really make bread either, except sweet bread. That would be fun!

Tiff said...

That sounds great. I would love to. I have only made 1 kind of bread and it is quick and easy white bread. But I think it tastes great and its so easy :)

Otter Mum's Den said...

I love the smell in my kitchen whenever I bake homemade bread! The yeast is the tricky part: too hot and you kill the yeast, too cold and your bread does not rise. But other than that, it is just a question of following the recipe. I bought a candy making thermometer and tested my water (or milk depending on the recipe) before adding the yeast my first few times making bread. After a few times, I could tell just by feel that the temperature was just right to activate the yeast.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping