Friday, October 24, 2008

Super Angie...this old man, he played six...

Last night, while driving home from the rock climbing gym, we had such a fun time singing. (It was late...past 9pm, the sky was pitch black ((or as Dallin would say, Pitch Dark)) with a sprinkle of stars. I love driving the Highland highway, all the way to the mouth of American Fork canyon because you can see the mountains and the canyon and the space between the two, and at night, sun down or dawn, it just looks neat with the different natural light. )Anyway, we were coming home and Dallin started singing.

We sang This Old Man, The Ants Go Marching, I love to see the Temple, and a bunch of old favorites. We just sang and sang. It made my heart cozy knowing my kids were happy and healthy and enjoying life.

I am loving life right now. I love my husband and never knew marriage could be THIS GOOD. Rick and I make a crazy couple, which I am sure shocks most people. I look more like his daughter then his wife. But we work. We are best friends and just work well together.

A lot of people hurt me bad after I got divorced and re-married so quickly. I actually had one friend tell me I shouldn't be going to the temple anymore and that I was gonna go to Hell. Wow...how Christ like, right? A lot of friends dumped me and had excuses why they couldn't do stuff with me. These "friends" taught me a lot about what a friend is and how I want to treat others--especially when they are going through such an emotional time. Even if you don't agree with what they are doing, you don't run away (sometimes it was literally a friend running in the opposite direction!!) from a friend. They need a friend...

Jenny Meek noticed the difference immediately in how happy I am. I thank her and her mom...her mom rocks!

Sure, Divorce sucks and all that, but I'm glad Mark and I got divorced. He is happier and so am I.

Rick is such a great dad to the kids. He loves them and wants them to be the best they can be. He teaches them good manners and they respect him. They love to cuddle with him too. He helps them so much with their self esteem, be it with gymnastics, reading, math or rock climbing...he cares. Even though they are hard at times (who has kids that aren't hard at times??), I LOVE my kids and truly know the meaning of JOY with them.

Rick and I climbed hard last night. I had climbed earlier in the day with Dawn and guess what! I LEAD!!! I have been so scared of leading recently, but she said just the right things and I did it! I did two routes with her and lead one route with Rick. I top roped 2 other routes with Rick as well. I am SOOOO proud of Rick last night though... he climbed two 5.9s! He has had serious problems with his fingers for the past year. In fact his doctor wanted him to have surgery. Another doctor said his finger strength is far below normal. He is working daily at building up that strength, so last night's climbs were SO IMPRESSIVE. Earlier in the week, I climbed HARD with Mindy and Julie. What wonderful friends. I am so blessed. Thanks Girls!

--Super Angie

7 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

I had no idea you and Mark got divorced until I found your blog recently. It sucks to have people being so judgemental, especially when you are having such a tough upheaval in your personal life. Grace dealt with some of the same stuff after Mike died, and it really sucks. Anyway, sounds to me like it was the right thing to do and I am glad you're so happy with Rick.

Super Angie's MOM said...

love that singing in the car, a good way to travel. Your sky at night is really great, so dark you can see all the stars.

Sarah-sponda said...

You and Rick are a perfect little couple:) Good job on the lead climbing! Say, Hello to Dawn for me...hope she is well. Hopefully Rick won't have to have surgery. He may want to try parrifin wax dips, and ice, I learned in Hydrotherapy it can help with the joints.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Oh Sarah, thanks for the tips. I'll pass those on to Rick. Hows the job search going?

Libby Hammond said...

Ang, I can totally relate to what you said about divorce. No, it isn't easy, especially in our society, but it can be right in the end for some people ie, you and me! I am so glad that you have found the perfect match! You deserve all the happiness in the world!

JAnderegg said...

You are such a neat person, Ang! Thanks for all the compliments, and know that I really appreciate your friendship. Thanks for being such a great friend.

Tara said...

so glad you are so happy!! :)
luv ya

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping