Sunday, October 12, 2008

Super Angie...Cousins 'N Camels

Tonight (after a great primary program--although Tanith cried most of it so I was in the foyor--but kudos to the primary presidency for doing such a great job!) we went out to Eagle Mountain to take my brother's family some cupcakes, halloween cards and a late birthday gift for my neice, Kaylee.

It was sunny and 40 here, but by the time we got out there, it was 36 and snowing! Crazy October weather. Loved it!

We pulled up to find my brother waiting in his car to take Tyler (15) to a church meeting. I had NO IDEA Paul had surgery last week on his wirst for Carpel tunnel. I also had no idea that he would have a cast. But he says he is fine and that the pain is manageable--good to hear.

My sister-in-law wasn't there; shes on a business trip. I took Tanith out (remember, its snowing) and let her say HI to Uncle Paul. She was very friendly to him until her cousin Andy (13) came out to say Hi. She totally turned shy. She did say "I love you" to Paul though, so that was good.

The kids and I went inside (got a hug along the way from Tyler as he was running to the car). Kaylee, Andy and the kids all played. Andy and Kaylee loved their halloween cards and the cupcakes. Kaylee opened her be-lated birthday gift and LOVED it. I had bought her jeans from Children's Place and a t-shirt from Hard Rock Cafe-Orlando. She claimed its her new favorite outfit! The boys wrestled while Tanith danced and Kaylee did handstands. Finally it was time to go so Kaylee did some cute dance moves in the driveway as we got in and then chased us out of her cul-de-sac as we drove away. Everyone was very excited and happy to have seen the cousins. I was feeling a bit sick (I think I have a fever), so we dropped by Arby's for sandwhiches and milk shakes. (I shared Tan's)

As we were driving home, I suddenly remembered the camels in Alpine--I hadn't shown them to the kids yet, so we drove to Alpine. We stopped in a church parking lot and saw some horses near by, then on to a farm that has two camels. We parked on the road and rolled the windows down to see them. "He just looked at us!", Dallin yelled. It was fun. Tanith kept calling them "Neigh neigh camels". It was cute and fun to see them. I love camels. As we were getting ready to leave, Dallin spotted a bunch (8) deer in a field by the church, so we drove over to look at them. Again, with the window down, we looked at the deer grazing. I was in the process of drinking Tan's shake, when she suddenly remembered she didn't have it and started yelling for me to give it back. The deer heard her, all their heads turned in our direction and their ears all perked up. Dallin and I thought this was hillarious.

Anyway, we had a wonderful evening full of cousins 'n camels.

--Super Angie--sorry there aren't any photos. I left my camera at home. :(

4 comments:

lvs2dance said...

Uhhh, had NO IDEA that there are camels in Alpine! Thanks for the compliment about the program...just glad that it is over! So I was hoping that you took a picture of yourself today and posted it. To everyone reading this...Angie looked like a hot tamale today at church. Too bad Rick is out of town and couldn't partake of the beautiful site that was his wife!!! LOL
Ya, you rocked that outfit!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Hey girlfriend! What a sweet thing to say. :) I am well on my way of reaching my fitness and weightloss goals. :) YEA!

Super Angie's MOM said...

Gee what did you wear to church?
I am glad you and the kids got to see the camels and deer and of course the cousins.

JAnderegg said...

In Alpine? Camels? And where were my cupcakes and cards? Just Kidding...sounds like fun.

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping