Thursday, October 30, 2008

Super Angie...Vertical addiction


Last night, Rick and I went to Momentum to work out on their seriously awesome treadmills. Yes, we have a full workout room in our basement, but once in a while its great to use these treadmills. They track vertical feet and the incline goes up to 30 % instead of the typical 12%.

Rick is training for his big trek coming up, so he wore his mountaineering boots and a 50+ lb back pack. Amazing honey!

I plugged in my shuffel and let loose. I climbed 3000 vertical feet in 63 minutes, got my heart rate up to 178 and burned over 1000 calories! YEAH BABY! I love how I feel afterwards-- hot for a few minutes and then suddenly very cold, and I have to bundle up. Then I feel like throwing up. Its great! :)

It was really a good evening to go to Momentum (or Mo-Town like some of my friends call it). I saw my good friend Tyler. He has been working at the gym since it opened, but his recent schedule is always changing and we usually don't see him. It was nice to catch up.

I also saw a good friend who turns out is a major LURKER on my blog. HI LURKER FRIEND! ;) You looked fabulous and I'm so happy to hear how hard you have been climbing, inside and out. WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND! (and by the way Mom, this lurker friend calls her grandma GAGA too!)

Another friend recently got back from England, so it was good to catch up with her as well.

I'm so addicted to climbing...I can't wait for ice to start coming in. Reports are that in Rocky Mountain National Park and in BC Canada, ice is already in. Its only a matter of time before I can start climbing in Provo Canyon. :) This weekend, we are going dry tooling again--this time taking Michael from the gym. YEA!!!

--Super Angie

6 comments:

Otter Mum's Den said...

1st day on diet you suggested. We'll see how that goes! I am pretty big on dairy and have slowly made a switch to the non fat dairies I could stomach, which, for a person raised on Brie and Camembert cheeses, was NOT easy. I love my dairy, so I'll probably need someone to vent to while trying out your suggestion. Any volunteers? (hint, hint...:))
Way to go on the climbing to both of you. I love that you two make time to do stuff together like this. Date nights have saved my relationship with my dearly beloved more than once (LOL)

Tiff said...

Nice going on losing 15lbs! I am so jealous, but definitely don't have enough will power to do your diet yet! One day :)

Thats great you ran into so many friends at the gym! I need to get back in shape big time!!!

Charles Miske said...

Cutting down cheese was really tough for me as well. Way to go!

I got my heart rate over 170 for about 35 minutes. Of course, I have a few years on Angie, so it's a bit different %-wise (178bpm = 104% of my maximum hr).

It is nice to be able to get out and just work out near each other without the "hunting" atmosphere at a commercial gym. And climbing together is even better.

ChemicalSmile said...

Hey Super Angie! It's Lisa from the gym! Stopped lurking to say hi ;-)

Hope to see you again soon!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Lisa! Thanks for actually commenting! ;)

It was wonderful seeing you last night at the gym. :)

JAnderegg said...

Good going, girl!

On Belay

On Belay
Brennan Top Roping

Climb On!

Climb On!
Dallin top roping